Results-Driven And Client Focused
Scott E. Powell
- Personal Injury
Scott Powell is a dynamic trial lawyer and negotiator who has recovered millions of dollars for his clients. Scott's practice consists of cases involving catastrophic injury and/or death stemming from motor vehicle negligence, medical negligence, and corporate wrongdoing.
Scott also serves as an adjunct professor at the Louis D. Brandeis School of Law at the University of Louisville, where he teaches negotiation theory and technique to upper level law students.
Scott began his career representing insurance and health care companies, often helping defend doctors and hospitals. His early success prompted him to leave a prominent defense firm at age 30 to start his own firm dedicated to representing individuals. Scott now uses his intimate knowledge of the insurance and health care industries to help clients obtain maximum awards for their injuries.
Since becoming a plaintiff's lawyer, Scott has been named a Top 100 Trial Lawyer by The National Trial Lawyers organization, and listed among Super Lawyers' Rising Stars every year since 2013. In addition, Scott has been featured in publications such as Attorney at Law Magazine, Forbes, and Bloomberg Businessweek.
While in law school, Scott was a national champion moot court negotiator and represented the U.S. in international competition. In addition, Scott served as a legal intern for the U.S. Commercial Attache office of the London Embassy, where he helped American companies doing business in Europe.
- Louis D. Brandeis School of Law, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky
- University of Kentucky, Patterson School of Diplomacy
- University of Kentucky, College of Arts and Sciences
- American Association of Justice (AAJ), 01/2018 to Present
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2013-2021
- Top 10 Under 40, NAFLA, 2015
Classes & Seminars
- Negotiations, Lecturer, University of Louisville, Brandeis School of Law, 08/01/2016 to Present
- National Champion Moot Court Negotiator
- U.S. in international competition
- U.S. Commercial Attache Office of the London Embassy, Intern